California Consumer Privacy Act
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
PRIVACY NOTICE – CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC ADDENDUM
At Sleep Intown IX, L.P. (“UpTown Suites,” “we,” “us”), we are mindful our obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“California Personal Information”). For such residents, the provisions of this California Addendum prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Privacy Notice.
California Personal Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months:
Sale and Disclosure of California Personal Information
We have disclosed identifiers listed above, commercial information, network and/or website activity collected by cookies and similar technology, and inferences drawn from your use of our services to partners or resellers, third party tracking providers, as well as analytics providers for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice. You can configure your browser to prevent the placement of cookies when using our site. Please see your browser help documentation for more information.
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
Use of California Personal Information
For each of the above categories, we use the California Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. The business purposes for which we may use your information include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:- Enhancing and customizing your experience at our properties;
– Processing your reservations, informing you about the status of your reservations, and following up with you about your satisfaction with your stay with us;
– Providing you customer service, including responses to your inquiries through various forms of communication, such as email correspondence and call center
– For marketing and promotional activities, including sending you marketing communications, such as email communications and postal mailings (e.g., brochures) that will inform you about new properties, events, third party products, special discounts and coupons, and other news and special offers;
– Delivering the Site and mobile application to you and others;
– Personalizing your experience and saving you time when you visit the Site or use the mobile application;
– Maintaining your accounts with us, including administering any customer loyalty or rewards programs associated with such accounts;
– Operating our business, including administering, maintaining and improving the Site;
– Improve or customize the Site or mobile application;
– Prevent fraud, theft, or injury to you, us, or others.
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology. This includes:- Performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, and for financial, operational or other purposes;
– Improving or customizing the Site or mobile application;
– Performing data analyses or create aggregated data sets combining information about you with that of other visitors to the Site;
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
Right to Access/Know. You may request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
- To the extent that we sell your California Personal Information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
– the categories of California Personal Information that we have collected about you;
– the categories of California Personal Information about you that we have sold within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act and the categories of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the California personal information was sold; and
– the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. https://uptownsuites.com/privacy-policy/data-request/
- Right to Opt-Out and Right to Opt-In. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”).
- To submit an opt-out request, click here https://uptownsuites.com/privacy-policy/do-not-sell/
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-769-1670.
- By completing our rights request form available here
- By completing our rights request form available above and mailing it to
c/o Legal Department
980 Hammond Drive, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30328
As required under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide the following information to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type: Full Name, Birthdate, Folio Number, contact information, and other information about your account or previous transactions with us. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Agent Authorization and Disability Access
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at 1-800-553-9338 or [email protected].
This California-specific addendum was last updated: January 15, 2020.
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices at [email protected]